Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A few days ago, Skye Cleary interviewed me for the Blog of the APA. I love her direct and sometimes whimsical questions.

--------------------------

SC: What excites you about philosophy?

ES: I love philosophy’s power to undercut dogmatism and certainty, to challenge what you thought you knew about yourself and the world, to induce wonder, and to open up new vistas of possibility.

SC: What are you working on right now?

ES: About 15 things. Foremost in my mind at this instant: “Settling for Moral Mediocrity” and a series of essays on “crazy” metaphysical possibilities that we aren’t in a good epistemic position to confidently reject....

[It's a brief interview -- only six more short questions.]

Read the rest here.

1 comment:

Callan S. said...

For myself, I tried to answer the first question and found it more like a symptom. Like, if I'm cut, I bleed - I'm not excited to bleed, I just do. Same goes for philosophizing. For what it's worth, it just came to mind - sorry to get blood on the blog >:)